Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Yep, that's why I joined the petition! Their drivers suck big time. Tried to install them on SuSE 3 times, messed up my X config twice, now I don't want ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Yep, that's why I joined the petition! Their drivers suck big time. Tried to install them on SuSE 3 times, messed up my X config twice, now I don't want them anymore... Luckily I don't play games on LInux...
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux User
    i /cried when i found out my drivers ran like this, i am acualy upset about it cause this means that my 1337 windows ati performance isnt the same on linux, this is making me swich to the gforce4 6800GT the next comp i make... (maby if the drivers come out before summer break wich is highly unlikly i might use a X800)

Just Joined!
    i wouldn't consider that thing ati released to be a driver, it's a lot more like a program that tells you what card you have
    f**king ati, hope they suffer massive losses and have to declare bancruptcy

Just Joined!
    wait one question
    what the email i use to yell at ati? i checked their site but all they had what tech support, and i don't want to yell at those people, they enough problems from people who write but can't read

Just Joined!
    It took a nameless fanboy and his moronic cronies a long time just to convince me that ATI was more than just some nameless company. He was wrong, as usual, but by the time I had realized, I had purchased an ATI display adapter rather than an nVidia 3D accellerator.

I am having problems with the so called "driver" from ATI with Suse 9.3 and an ATI Radeon 9600. The lack of 3D accelleration, for one, and the lack of anything higher than a 24-bit color mode. If there was some way I could snatch the cash that I paid for this piece of junk and hand it to nVidia for one of their cards instead I would do so without so much as batting an eye! Even on Windows XP the graphical errors in some of my games are so intollerable it makes me wonder how ATI ever won in any meaningless benchmarks so reguardless of how "good" fanboys claim the hardware is, they obviously are too incompetent to make decent software. I don't care about their lack of coders, if they can't keep up with the big boys such as nVidia, they need to step aside.

I am very displeased with ATI! Not only have I pledged to myself to only buy quality nVidia products from now on, I tell all of my friends and clan members to do the same, while explaining the problems I am having with both SUSE and Windows. I am not the only one in my clan who has this problem, Mister Moe has made the same mistake of ATI's, and ATI had better pray to God, though not even He could stop the wrath of The Pro, that Specific never stumbles on to an ATI display adapter for their sake, He is not as forgiving as we are.

In the future, I shall buy nVidia's 3D accelerators instead of ATI's display adapters, and I will continue to encourage everyone I know to do the same. By doing so I will eventually have my hundred bucks back from ATI, at least in some sense, and my clan will be stronger because of it, too.

You can sync nVidia cards with your monitor at WAY higher refresh rates, and you'll get a million-gillion FPS with syncing off, if you don't mind the tearing and lack of input recognition that accompanies no vsync on all video cards, reguardless of what unintelligent people such as ATI's coders tell you.

I have never seen an online partition work, but I'll sign this one in spite of ATI in some unrealistic hope that they mature into decent coders like those who work for nVidia.

I mistakenly went with ATI, now I am nVidia's #1 Fanman™

i only found out about the ****** quality of ATI drivers AFTER i converted to linux. thank god i was using an nVidia FX5200. to think i was going to get a radeon X800! thank the gods i went cheapo! lol
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    i only found out about the ****** quality of ATI drivers AFTER i converted to linux.
    they seemed to run fine in windows. i got a radeon 9800 pro (was top of the line at the time) and soon after tried linux. the ati driver was the only thing that ever kept me interested in keeping windows on my box. i eveintually, with a lot of fighting, got 3d acceleration working ok...so i made a full switch to linux.

Just Joined!
    damn i had the same problem im building a new box with an nvidia card so i will run my linux on that one instead.

Linux User
    well im ati free and im playing wow on debain woot!

6600GT evga

Linux Enthusiast
    Signed the petition.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast