Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Previously we ran a 2.6.23 Linux kernel on our systems. We have now upgraded to a 2.6.32 kernel and are in the process of testing to make sure everything ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Intellistripe 65 driver kernel panic

Hi,
    Previously we ran a 2.6.23 Linux kernel on our systems. We have now upgraded to a 2.6.32 kernel and are in the process of testing to make sure everything works. We have a driver for a Magtek Intellistripe 65 that was previously working in the 2.6.23 kernel. Originally it didn't want to be loaded into the 2.6.32 kernel at all. I had to make some changes to the code (ie replace kill_proc and other functions that have since been removed/replaced) and now when the card is removed the system freezes. I have a feeling that it could be to do with changes to usb-core, but i'm not sure. I looked through and diffed the kernel for changes to usb-core, but i cant see any earth shattering changes to it, so i believe it still should be working fine. I've tried my modified version on the 2.6.23 kernel, and its all working fine, so it wasn't my changes that broke it. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could have happened? Or possibly know of a driver that works on the 2.6.32 kernel?
    Thanks,
    Allan

ved

Smile

I think you should check these parameter apply change which is suitable for your system it may be help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply. I had a look through, and everything seemed to be in order....
    Anyone else have any ideas?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ved

Smile

i have not more idea about this i given a link that may be help about kernel documentation it may help
    HTML Code:
    http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/slow-work.txt
    i think you use recommended kernel version wait for any Linux-guru to reply

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There were HUGE changes in the kernel API's between 2.6.23 and 2.6.32. You need to visit The Linux Kernel Archives and Welcome to LWN.net [LWN.net] for more information about those changes.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!