Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, got a small hardware near question that would take me long time to figure out. Maybe someone of you can help me save some time. I've got an ADSL ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] RJ45 and ADSL

Hi,

got a small hardware near question that would take me long time to figure out. Maybe someone of you can help me save some time.

I've got an ADSL cable here with 2 wires that comes out of the wall with a 6 pin RJ25 where the two wires are at pin 3 and 4 (right in the middle). My router is a Asus WL500G-P with an Ethernet WAN Port (8 Pins - RJ45 female). I've got OpenWRT running on that one and it can as such make up PPP connections as long as I use the providers router as bypass device (plug RJ45 from my router to provider router and RJ25 into provider router adsl port).

Is there a way to patch the 2 wire cable to a 8 pin RJ45 such that my OpenWRT and i dont have to bypass through the modem?

Basically my idea is to patch the two wire cable mapping the two pins somehow to a 45 jack:

3 -> [1..8]
    4 -> [1..8]

If something is not clear, feel free to ask.

EDIT: got the answer right there, but for curiousness, how do i need to pin it?

Greetings,
    Dominik
    Last edited by Kloschüssel; 10-22-2010 at 08:31 PM.

i should rather get some sleep .. :-p .. please dont blame me too much for my stupidity.