Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello First of all I'm a total newbie and I don't understand most of the things that people say about the matter on the forums. I need a step-by-step ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Usb tv capture card configuration problem - newbie

Hello

First of all I'm a total newbie and I don't understand most of the things that people say about the matter on the forums. I need a step-by-step description of the process and would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with it.

I've installed ubuntu netbook 10.04 on my kitchen pc. Two things I need it to do are browsing the internet and watching tv. The internet part was easy unfortunately I'm totally stuck when it comes to tv.

I'm using Dazzle Hybrid usb stick as a tuner with analog cable tv. I suspect there are some drivers missing because I can't get it to work (but it's also possible I can't configure the software properly). I've tried MythTv (it detects a capture card Analog V4L Hybrid Card Pinnacle Hybrid Pro em28xx, but it cannot find any channels), rest of the tv players (tvtime, caffeine) don't even see the card.

Lsusb returns:
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID eb1a:2881 eMPIA Technology, Inc. EM2881 Video Controller

So I guess some drivers are in place but the card isn't seen by the software .

Plz help.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzon View Post
    Hello

First of all I'm a total newbie and I don't understand most of the things that people say about the matter on the forums. I need a step-by-step description of the process and would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with it.

I've installed ubuntu netbook 10.04 on my kitchen pc. Two things I need it to do are browsing the internet and watching tv. The internet part was easy unfortunately I'm totally stuck when it comes to tv.

I'm using Dazzle Hybrid usb stick as a tuner with analog cable tv. I suspect there are some drivers missing because I can't get it to work (but it's also possible I can't configure the software properly). I've tried MythTv (it detects a capture card Analog V4L Hybrid Card Pinnacle Hybrid Pro em28xx, but it cannot find any channels), rest of the tv players (tvtime, caffeine) don't even see the card.

Lsusb returns:
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID eb1a:2881 eMPIA Technology, Inc. EM2881 Video Controller

So I guess some drivers are in place but the card isn't seen by the software .

Plz help.

Maybe this site will be of use to you; I have never had to setup a TV Card

LinuxTV.org - Television with Linux

Cheers!
    etech97