Find the answer to your Linux question:
Computer freezes and sound like scratched cd but with longer intervals(ONLY IF I'M LISTENING MUSIC OR PLAYING A VIDEO) until i move the mouse or type. Why does it happens? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Computer freezes and/or sound like scratched cd until i move the mouse or type.

Computer freezes and sound like scratched cd but with longer intervals(ONLY IF I'M LISTENING MUSIC OR PLAYING A VIDEO) until i move the mouse or type.

Why does it happens?
    I installed ubuntu 10.4 desktop and notebook, windows xp and 7, now i'm on 10.10.
    It always happened so I guess is my hardware.

I'm using a Toshiba Notebook NB205-N312/BL

Also sometimes the pictures on websites and items on gnomepanel looks strange, like with diagonal slashes.

I suspect is related with the processor but im only guessing, what do you think?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Are you saying that this problem exists with all the mentioned operating systems? If so, then it is definitely a hardware problem. Hopefully it is still under warranty...

I got my wife an NB205-N330 for her birthday last year and it works fine with Win7, Ubuntu 10.10, and Scientific Linux.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!