Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, I am thinking about building a PC based DVR but I need to know if the Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner will work in linux/mythtv. If not is there another ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question PCI TV Tuner?

Hi, I am thinking about building a PC based DVR but I need to know if the Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner will work in linux/mythtv.
    If not is there another cablecard tuner that is?
    Thanks in advance!

Just Joined!
    bump
    bump
    bump

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven97 View Post
    bump
    bump
    bump
    Hold your horses - it's the holiday season and most of us are on vacation - I just got back from a trip myself. I'll see what I can recommend to you.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok. I sent a message to some people I know with a lot of experience with this stuff. I'll post the response when I get an answer from them. Given that it is New Year Eve here, it may be a few days before I get back to you, but I will.

Ok. A company I know that sells only Linux systems (ZaReason, Inc. :: Laptops, Desktops, Servers, and Peripherals Designed for Ubuntu Linux) use the Hauppauge HVR-1250, which is currently supported by the mainline Linux kernels (Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, et al). I just got an email from them to that effect. Don't know about the Ceton device.

I am like you, toying with the idea of building a dvr. I know little on the subject, but the three or four recommendations I have received from knowledgeable people all recommended haupage for a linux box.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Hold your horses - it's the holiday season and most of us are on vacation - I just got back from a trip myself. I'll see what I can recommend to you.
    Sorry just impatient

Just Joined!
    Thank you for the replies but I am looking for a cablecard tuner as I wish to replace 2 DVR settops with a mythtv system.
    I do not want to do this but if I have to I will just use A Ceton InfiniTV 4 and use Windows7

Well, the hauppauge hvr-1250 handles cable input signals (QAM). Do you mean by "cable card" device one that takes the plug-in authentication module used by a lot of set-top boxes?

Well, it seems Ceton is looking for Linux C programmers, so eventually they will probably have Linux driver support. I didn't find anything there as yet, however.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast