Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking for the best laptop to duel boot I currently would like to go to Linux full time but constraints with the environment for work require me to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New laptop

I am looking for the best laptop to duel boot I currently would like to go to Linux full time but constraints with the environment for work require me to have windows. I was looking at getting an i5 duel core but it is a 64 bit system and from what I was looking at not all programs are 64 bit any suggestions on 64 / 32 bit and what processor would be good for this mix also I am working on CEH cert and want to make sure the laptop I am buying has enough to handle every operation.
    thanks

Ressler76

Linux Newbie
    The interesting thing about the X86_64 processors is that they can equally handle 32-bit OSes, and the 64-bit OSes can also handle 32-bit programs (although they can require a bit more attention for installation --but this is more a matter of dependencies and such rather than hardware). If you are looking at high-end hardware and processing, I'd go for the latest & greatest you can get since this backwards-compatibility is hardly an issue.
    Just keep in mind that you'll be dual-booting, so plenty of hard-drive space (or at least external storage) is probably a good idea, too.

Just Joined!
    The one I was looking at was a dell i5 duel core with 6 gig of ram and 500 gig Hard Drive. the distros i run the most is Pclinuxos, ubuntu, Fadora, and Suse along with Back track

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close