Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys, I am new to Ubunto but I love it. I am using 10.10. Recently I bought microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard and was hoping during bootup, system will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help with installing Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and mouse

Hi Guys,
    I am new to Ubunto but I love it. I am using 10.10. Recently I bought microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard and was hoping during bootup, system will recognise the usb adapter and install necessary drivers. It didnot, So now everytime, I switch my machine on, i first have to take the usb adapter out and then it boots, plu back the adapter back in and after that I am able to do use keyboard and mouse. It is just an irritant to plug out and plug in the usb adapter eveytime during system start. Also i have problems with system getting frozen quite often. Please help with the fix

ecineko!

How's your problem?

I suggest divide your issues into two threads. One each for the keyboard:

the adapter back in and after that I am able to do use keyboard and mouse. It is just an irritant to plug out and plug in the usb adapter eveytime during system star
    And one of for the freezing:

Also i have problems with system getting frozen quite often.
    Good luck!
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

I have the Microsoft wireless Keyboard/Mouse and it worked out of the box for me. The multimedia and extra functions keys don't work yet but that's fixable I'm using Gentoo. I suggest you check your BIOS to make sure everything to do with USB is enabled.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

My Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse worked out of the box too, so perhaps your problem is not the keyboard or mouse.
    Registered Linux user #526930