Find the answer to your Linux question:
As you all know, its common fault with named series, in windows there is one small program, which will silence the fan instantly, however in linux it seems that i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thinkpad T41 fan problem on a Puppy Linux

As you all know, its common fault with named series, in windows there is one small program, which will silence the fan instantly, however in linux it seems that i have to compile everything for current distro, which is Lucid Puppy 5.2

Ive looked in the PET appications manager, but there are no thinkpad related items.

Currently i have found this page ://thinkfan.sourceforge.net/

which gives me thinkfan-0.7.1.tar.gz file, but unpacking and using makefile does nothing (does not understand make).

Then i have also found this page, which contains program with nice little GUI, but same deal, commans provided in the manual are not recognized by my console.

://xxx.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_control_fan_speed

I have proc/acpi/ibm folder, but there are no acpi related stuff, fan file only contains info about the speed of fan, status and default setting, which is automatic.

Btw, i havent really found a way how to chekc hw temps.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i really want to make this puppy work and not use W7.

Tnx.

See if pemasu pet for 5.2 , laptop-001.pet improves your situation any.

Link

Last post in above page.

You should really peruse This Thread and post any bugs you think you may have there.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home