Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys. I have a PS2 to USB adapter that was working before I followed a tutorial to connect my Wii Remote to my computer. I would show the link ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gamepad working improperly!

Hi guys. I have a PS2 to USB adapter that was working before I followed a tutorial to connect my Wii Remote to my computer. I would show the link to the guide, but I do not have enough posts yet to do so.

Now, Ubuntu seems to think that the controller is my mouse! I uninstalled wminput wmgui and lswm, but my gamepad still acts like a mouse. I do not want this! I need my controller to act properly so I can use it for games. Thanks for your help.

Just Joined!

Workaround

I found your thread while searching for a quick solution to the same problem(maybe the same ps to usb device - DX?). As a workaround you can (in a terminal) type:
    Code:
    xinput list
    and then
    Code:
    xinput float foo
    where foo is the id of the device. Do this for all ps2usb devices both in the pointer and keyboard section). The downside to this method is that you have to do it every time you connect your ps controller. :/

In my case this looks like:
    Code:
    $xinput list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad                  id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse                     id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Twin USB Joystick                         id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Twin USB Joystick                         id=14   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Twin USB Joystick (keys)                  id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Twin USB Joystick (keys)                  id=15   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    and then I do
    Code:
    $xinput float 12
    $xinput float 13
    $xinput float 14
    $xinput float 15
    I wonder if it's an udev rule that is connecting the ps controller as mouse and keyboard? Anyhow, good luck!
    Last edited by iso1010111; 03-22-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Error correction

Just Joined!

Don't mix gamepads with core events

I found the solution to my problem. All I had to do was to disable sending of core events in the InputClass section for joysticks in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf.

Code:
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "joystick catchall"
            MatchIsJoystick "on"
            MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
            Driver "joystick"
            Option "SendCoreEvents" "false" # Do not act as a mouse
    EndSection
    How did it go for you RACiE? Problem solved? I don't know when those problems started for me but I also have CWiid(wminput) installed.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close