Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tollowing printer under Puppy Linux, Cups registers this and its name and asks to search for the appropriate driver from the list, however, there are no i-sensys or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cups and Canon I-sensys MF3228

I have tollowing printer under Puppy Linux, Cups registers this and its name and asks to search for the appropriate driver from the list, however, there are no i-sensys or ms printers present, does anyone know which driver from the list would work with MF or have any other suggestion or PPD file for Mf3228?

Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    I don't have that printer, but over at OpenPrinting.org, they show a few I-sensys printers as working under Linux, but they also show some of them to be "paperweights". However, your exact model doesn't appear to be mentioned in any of the categories:

Printers by Manufacturer | OpenPrinting - The Linux Foundation

If there isn't a Linux driver on any CD that came with the printer, or a Linux driver on their website, you'll probably have to experiment with different drivers to see if any will work, or you could try writing your own or perhaps modify a driver for one of the working models so that it works for your printer.

There are also some discussions going on about I-sensys printers at their user forums if they might help in any way:

OpenPrinting User Forums :: Printers from Canon

Hopefully, someone will reply here soon with some better news for you.
    oz