Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Ubuntu 1010 desktop (64bit) HP deskjet 5740 USB printer CUPS I haven't printed document at 3 months. The printer was working correctly before. I just found printing black/white ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Printing problem

Hi folks,

Ubuntu 1010 desktop (64bit)
    HP deskjet 5740 USB printer
    CUPS

I haven't printed document at 3 months. The printer was working correctly before.

I just found printing black/white document without problem. But printing color document the color portion was printed in RED color only. If I remember correctly I replaced the color cartridge not long time ago.

Please advise where to check?

TIA

B.R.
    satimis

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    With inkjet printers, the nozzles get clogged if you don't print for a long time. Do you have a head-cleaning widget or applet or on-printer menu option? I know it's a problem with my epson printer, and was also with my HP all-in-one, much like you are having. In any case, the computer isn't likely at fault here.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    With inkjet printers, the nozzles get clogged if you don't print for a long time. Do you have a head-cleaning widget or applet or on-printer menu option? I know it's a problem with my epson printer, and was also with my HP all-in-one, much like you are having. In any case, the computer isn't likely at fault here.
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I already solved my problem by cleaning the metal contact of the color cartridge with damp tissue. The printer is working now.

B.R.
    satimis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close