Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, I have a computer with two Tesla C2070 GPU and a Quadro 295. I have managed to configure Xorg (in a test installation, the final one won't have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Redirect or suppress graphic card output

Hello guys,

I have a computer with two Tesla C2070 GPU and a Quadro 295. I have managed to configure Xorg (in a test installation, the final one won't have graphical environment) to redirect its output to the Quadro, so the GPU could work just on calculations. The problem is I couldn't do the same for the tty output. Is there any way to achieve it?

The team will connect to the server mostly via SSH, so I don't mind if the output is totally suppressed.

Greetings, and thanks in advance!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Is there a display connected to the Tesla?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Also, you might want to post your question to nVidia's Linux support group. They usually get back to you with an answer, eventually.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Is there a display connected to the Tesla?
    Only when I need to use the tty, the rest of the time (in graphical mode) it is connected to the Quadro.

Oh, and a colleague of mine asked some time ago in nVidia's forums without any luck Maybe now that we've made more experiments we should try again.