Find the answer to your Linux question:
does anyone have any experience in getting this printer, the canon pixma ip1500, working in linux? i've been searching for the drivers but can't seem tof find any...some other people ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

canon ip1500 linux drivers

does anyone have any experience in getting this printer, the canon pixma ip1500, working in linux? i've been searching for the drivers but can't seem tof find any...some other people have had the same problem but i have not seen a suitable solution.

thanks
    Q

Linux Newbie
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...&modelid=10236

^ they have windows and mac drivers. Have you checked if it's drivers are already on the list in the printer setup wizard? If the drivers aren't there, you might be able to pick a similar model and still have it work. I dd it that way with a Lexmark Z22.
    Hope that helps!
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

Just Joined!
    oh maan, i am just lnx newbie and i have got canon ip1500, but the lexmarkZ22 drivers (from mndrk lnx) isnt working. Why?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    sry, i should have been more clear. I didn't mean that you should use the lexmark drivers, i just meant that as an example. Thats how I did it with a fairly old lexmark model...

Just Joined!
    i have not been able to find anything that works...no one seems to have had any luck...i did try your suggestion on using other printer drivers but none worked...i emailed turboprint which has drivers for the pixma ip2000 and up asking if they would come out with drivers for the ip1500...i just got a response from them

Dear Sir,

a driver for the Canon PIXMA iP1500 is planned - we will inform you as soon
    as the driver is available.

Best regards
    Florian Zeiler

I'll let you know as soon as i find out

Linux Newbie
    cool, that sounds promising
    good luck

Just Joined!
    to update...i just received an email from turboprint...the drivers for this printer are now available...just go to their website...(i wasnt sure if i'm allowed to post a link or not)

but google turboprint

peace