Find the answer to your Linux question:
Recently I had bought some HDD Momentus 7200 FDE.2 250GB from Seagate factory. Following is the summary information of HDD: SID: JT5J0 KH26X 9NN1T 0L475 US948 SN: 5VGAE410 Model Number: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lock / Unlock HDD Momentus 7200 FDE.2 250GB from Seagate

Recently I had bought some HDD Momentus 7200 FDE.2 250GB from Seagate factory. Following is the summary information of HDD:

SID: JT5J0 KH26X 9NN1T 0L475 US948
    SN: 5VGAE410
    Model Number: ST9250412AS
    PN: 9PU142
    FW: 0002SDMA

Now I am researching to program a Driver and Application on Linux for VIA6421A PCI Card to control Lock/Unlock those types of HDD.

The first time, I have sent the TRUSTED RECEIVE command with the following parameters to HDD via the VIA6421A PCI card (security protocol=00h, sp_specific=0000h) And I have received the security protocol with code :F0h. Please see the Attachment file more details.

I know , this code said that security protocol is defined by manufacturer (Seagate company). And I also find out the information on Internet and see to program a software for managing those FDE HDDs , I must use the "DriveTrust Security API". But unfortunately I didn't find any information about DriveTrust Security API.

I just want to ask for You in this case ( security protocol with code :F0h) what I must do the next steps ? and What must I read documents?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You need drivers and tools for this. On new Linux operating systems, this stuff is probably already available. You should look on the Seagate web site for documentation and information about Linux compatibility.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!