Results 1 to 1 of 1
I am preparing to change my hardware configuration. The motherboard is a KT4V-L and an AMD 2200+ with one IDE port containing a DVD-RW and DVD-ROM as master slave respectively. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 07-19-2011 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
Adding SATA plus IDE ports
My questions are:
1) Are there likely problems when using LILO to use the 80GB drive's MBR when XP is mounted via the PCI controller card??
2) Will my plan necessitate re-authentication XP?
3) Especially if I drop an E: partition/drive: from XP?
4) Will Parted Magic really be able to remove the partitioning and create NTFS on the 80GB drive?
5) Will I need to put SATA drive on the first IDE port for BIOS to boot from/to it?
6) I seen mention of a safety problem with XP if another drive is on, I hadn't noticed anything, so should I change that?
Does anyone see a flaw in this plan and if so how to correct it?
If I can't get this plan to work I need to get these parts back to the vendor by Friday.
Last edited by clickit; 07-19-2011 at 06:28 PM.