Find the answer to your Linux question:
Installed a new USB2 PCI card, and I can see the attached drives (yay!), however, the access seems to be a bit slow, which makes me wonder if they're being ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB2 Enabled?

Installed a new USB2 PCI card, and I can see the attached drives (yay!), however, the access seems to be a bit slow, which makes me wonder if they're being accessed as 1.1 devices instead of as USB2. Is there a way I can make sure that USB2 drivers have been loaded, and that the drives are being accessed at full USB2 speed?

Thanks,
    Ewan

Re: USB2 Enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by ewanrg
    Installed a new USB2 PCI card, and I can see the attached drives (yay!), however, the access seems to be a bit slow, which makes me wonder if they're being accessed as 1.1 devices instead of as USB2. Is there a way I can make sure that USB2 drivers have been loaded, and that the drives are being accessed at full USB2 speed?

Thanks,
    Ewan
    try
    Code:
    lspci

Just Joined!

Re: USB2 Enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    try
    Code:
    lspci
    Well, yes, that tells me the card is there. But it doesn't tell me if the drives are being accessed through usb2 rather than 1.1. Based on the transfer speed I'm thinking that there is something I need to load besides the normal usb-uhci that isn't coming up by default.

A little research makes me think I need ehci-hcd, but I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm that.

Thanks,
    Ewan