Results 1 to 2 of 2
Total Noob so be gentle. I have installed Ubuntu 11... latest version and is working fine, I would like to connect to my wireless printer that is on my wireless ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 07-28-2011 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
Connecting to wireless Printer on network
I have installed Ubuntu 11... latest version and is working fine, I would like to connect to my wireless printer that is on my wireless network.
I am not connected to the network, I assume I will need to do this first?
help is appreciated.
- 07-29-2011 #2
- Join Date
- May 2011
Yes, you need to connect to the network first!
Do you have a wireless card in your Ubuntu machine? What is your hardware (machine and wireless adapter)?
In a nutshell, you need to:
- confirm that your wireless network adapter has working drivers installed
- get your wireless device configured
- associate with the SSID of your wireless network (the printer should have done this also)
- enter the encryption key (if wireless network is encrypted)
- confirm you're on the network (ping ip of printer, etc.)
- run some Ubuntu app to configure printers (don't know much about this)
Try these steps to get your wireless networking working under Ubuntu first.