Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got a lovely colour printer (model number is in the header) and am very happy with it's performance. It works great with that less-than-stellar OS....Windows! However I'd like to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Canon PIXMA iP6000D Drivers?

I've got a lovely colour printer (model number is in the header) and am very happy with it's performance. It works great with that less-than-stellar OS....Windows! However I'd like to utilize it with a much superior OS called Linux and am having no luck!

My current Linux OS is Suse 9.1 which has the 2.6 kernel (very swish, and a big leap forward from 2.4). The YAST 2 detects the printer immediately and appears to have most of the configuration (manufacturer, model number and connection type [USB]) all worked out.....however when I come to print a graphical test page the printer sits there like a boat anchor!!! Obviously CUPS is not amused and on exploring the CUPS version that came with Suse 9.1, it does not list any of the Canon iP printers.

Any thoughts....any suggestions....any answers out there??? I'd appreciate some input.

Just Joined!
    I was just looking at a Canon PIXMA printer, because the print quality appears to be pretty good. I couldn't find any open source drivers for it (yet), but there does appear to be TurboPrint support for it. TurboPrint apparently has a "free edition" which has some restrictions but doesn't cost anything, and a full personal use license for about $35.00.
    I've never used it, so I can't vouch for its performance. If you do choose to go that route, please post up your experience.