Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am extremely new to managing Linux hardware. I am trying to setup a cluster using Rocks, which uses CentOS, which I believe is very similar to Redhat. So, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Second NIC not recognized

Hello,

I am extremely new to managing Linux hardware. I am trying to setup a cluster using Rocks, which uses CentOS, which I believe is very similar to Redhat.

So, I have configured my eth0 port which is fused to the motherboard and have internet access. I purchased an additional NIC by trendnet (model TEG-ECTX) and plugged into a PCI slot. Originally, the card was working but something happened and I needed to reinstall the OS. Now the card is not even recognized and the LED lights on the card do not blink.

I have tried to mimic solutions from other posts on this forum but nothing has seemed to work. I have looked at the cd for the drivers of the NIC, but cannot follow the instructions of the readme. It tells me to unzip some tarball that does not exist on the cd. Anyways, I am at my wits end and need some help. If anyone could help me walk through installing this card I would be very greatfull.

Thanks,

Josh

The way you write it sounds like the previous install was not modified, ie: no kernel module was manually installed,
    then you have a good chance, that the NIC is recognized automagicaly.
    Maybe it is already known?
    Code:
    ifconfig -a
    If not, then try a system update.

Btw, it seems the trendnet TEG-ECTX is a PCIe, not a PCI card
    TRENDnet | Products | Wired Network Adapters | TEG-ECTX
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.