Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Dell E153FP Monitor. It is not in the monitor list during setup. The video controller I have is. Currently I am stuck in 640X480 resolution. Is there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RH9 Monitor Problems

I have a Dell E153FP Monitor. It is not in the monitor list during setup. The video controller I have is. Currently I am stuck in 640X480 resolution. Is there a way to fix this because my monitor is optimized at 1074X768 or something like that at 60Hz. Is the monitor doing this because there is no driver? Do I need to get a new monitor? I have tried everything, and the basic response I get is just a laugh or someone telling me I chose the wrong distribution.

ha, you installed the wrong distro.
    There, I've got that out of my system, now let's see if we can't solve your problem.

XFree86 doesn't use a driver for your monitor, it does use on for graphics card. If you have a look at /etx/X11/XFree86.config (simply open it in your favorite editor) you'll notice the monitor section has the horizontal and vertical frequencies. Find out what these should be for your monitor and insert them. You'll also notice the screen section has the resolutions in it, amend these to suit. Also have a look at :-
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-19561.html

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS