Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm still having problems with my sound....my gateway 7200x.....i'm running suse 9.2...can't find my sound card...intel high definition audio card....i've tried yast but it doesn't recognize it. I've donwloaded the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sound

i'm still having problems with my sound....my gateway 7200x.....i'm running suse 9.2...can't find my sound card...intel high definition audio card....i've tried yast but it doesn't recognize it. I've donwloaded the file but i have no idea how to install it. I've read the howto's but for some reason i can't install it. I've tried every command..../configure...make...make install...make clean...etc etc...if any one can help i'd really really appreciate the assistance. I'd work more on my suse os but i can't work without music....lol

With the filr you are trying to install, look at the Readme, or Install text files within it, these usualy tell how to install the package.

With the soundcard and Yast did you try manuly installing the soundcard in Yast? If you didn't try Yast-> Hardware-> Sound-> Add soundcard and try and install the card manuly.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    yep i tried all of that and i still can't get anywhere.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ***Moved to Peripherials/Hardware***

Have you tried to do exactly what the README and INSTALL files state? What do you mean by 'it doesn't work'? Error messages would be nice....
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy