Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I just bought an Epson SX525WD, with wireless and ethernet. I susscessfuly installed the ppds (connecting the printer and browsing for the file, which I had downloaded from the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Epson SX525WD - filter problems

Hi.

I just bought an Epson SX525WD, with wireless and ethernet. I susscessfuly installed the ppds (connecting the printer and browsing for the file, which I had downloaded from the Avasys site.
    However, I can't use the printer because I have a message that syas that I don't have the printer filter installed (or that /opt/epson-inkjet-printer-workforce-635-nx625-series/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter is missing.

I tried to install (by compiling) the filter which is in a directory created when opening the tar with the ppds. But I tried several times and I can't install the filter.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 on a PowerPC, so I can't install with the deb packages.

Any help?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you tried posting this problem to the Avasys web site? Or searching their problem database?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Have you tried posting this problem to the Avasys web site? Or searching their problem database?
    I tried, but I got no ansewr

Just Joined!
    hello, i have the same problem but with epson stylus SX425W. Have you managed to sort the problem out? if so, what did you do?
    Thanks

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I've had no problems with a Photo Stylus 1400 currently, as well as a Photo 200 and 220 in the past, running on CentOS 5.x, Scientific Linux 6.x, and Ubuntu 9.04, 10.04, and 10.10.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by epson View Post
    hello, i have the same problem but with epson stylus SX425W. Have you managed to sort the problem out? if so, what did you do?
    Thanks
    Hi.

I did it the simple way: in the printer preferences, I added a new printer; it began to search for drivers, then it told me to choose one from a list of Epson drivers (installed with CUPS, I guess) and suggesting me a particular driver - SX515. So, the short answer is: even if there's no specific driver, there are other drivers installed (at least on the most recent releases) which work on your printer.

Good luck!