Find the answer to your Linux question:
zenbook.asus.com/product/?c=spec (sorry, haven't hit 15 posts yet) I'm looking at the new Zenbooks from Asus, and I'd love to get one, particularly for the form factor, the 2 second instant ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Asus Zenbooks Linux Compatibility

zenbook.asus.com/product/?c=spec (sorry, haven't hit 15 posts yet)

I'm looking at the new Zenbooks from Asus, and I'd love to get one, particularly for the form factor, the 2 second instant on from standby and auto backup.

As a Netbook user (for portability not price), these ultrabooks are a big step in the right direction. I would have gotten the Macbook Air this last year if they weren't so expensive, and I think this hits that sweet spot I'm looking for in specs and price.

Before committing, I'd like to see what the community thought on the hardware issues I'd have getting Linux on it, or if anyone has heard if the backup and instant on were software based rather than hardware. The auto backup isn't a big deal, but that 2 second resume would be nice.

I might wait to hear more on how the new Intel processor is fairing in Linux compatibility. I may also be jumping the gun in the questions, what with launching not even a month ago.

Since it uses an intel processor, you should be able to put linux on it. The only problem I have run into is on Arm based units and intel units which are pure tablets with no keyboard. have fun and enjoy.
    Registered Linux user #526930