Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, I have an adaptec sata raid controller with 2 sata 160gig drives on it, my master hd is ide and runs suse 9.1, but in starting up I get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

adaptec sata raid

hi,

I have an adaptec sata raid controller with 2 sata 160gig drives on it,
    my master hd is ide and runs suse 9.1,
    but in starting up I get DMA timeouts etc on those 2 stat HDs and it takes quite a long time to boot...
    in linux I created primary partitions on the HDs and now I am formatting them before mounting them but it takes so sooooo long to format, is that normal?

also when I run fdisk -l it searches long after the 2 sata drive but finds them correctly...

the adaptec drivers where installed directly from the suse cd or should I always use the drivers delivered with the adaptec controller, maybe thats the problem?

thnx,
    davy

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by emecstudios
    hi,

I have an adaptec sata raid controller with 2 sata 160gig drives on it,
    my master hd is ide and runs suse 9.1,
    but in starting up I get DMA timeouts etc on those 2 stat HDs and it takes quite a long time to boot...
    in linux I created primary partitions on the HDs and now I am formatting them before mounting them but it takes so sooooo long to format, is that normal?

also when I run fdisk -l it searches long after the 2 sata drive but finds them correctly...

the adaptec drivers where installed directly from the suse cd or should I always use the drivers delivered with the adaptec controller, maybe thats the problem?

thnx,
    davy
    Did you find the answer?