Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to mount a NTFS partition on a raid 0 stripe with an ICH8 controller. I am not Linux experienced and would greatly appreciate your assistance here. That's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NTFS ICH8 with several partitions howto mount

I would like to mount a NTFS partition on a raid 0 stripe with an ICH8 controller.
    I am not Linux experienced and would greatly appreciate your assistance here.
    That's what I have:
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

Trusted Penguin
    I've never tried to do that myself. You might have to try a Linux distro specially designed for recovery purposes. Perhaps the SysRescCD or GParted Live CD would help you.

Just Joined!
    hi atrey, thanks for your reply. I am not getting much feedback here. do they not know anything here or are they not willing to help?
    I figured it out. It was not difficult at all. I couln't start windows anymore and used my puppy linux to boot.
    I had my windows xp on a raid 0 fakeraid. with ntfs-3g and dmraid I could acess the raid and all my data.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by huramentzefix View Post
    I am not getting much feedback here. do they not know anything here or are they not willing to help?
    Nah, people are willing to help, and there are plenty of knowledgeable types here. Your question may have just "slipped thru the cracks", that happens sometimes. I find this forum to be quite lively and responsive, from a customer point of view.

I figured it out. It was not difficult at all. I couln't start windows anymore and used my puppy linux to boot.
    I had my windows xp on a raid 0 fakeraid. with ntfs-3g and dmraid I could acess the raid and all my data.
    Yeah, it's funny: i've used Linux to recover a Windows issue more times than I can remember, yet I've never used Windows to recover from a Linux error...hmmm. anyway, glad you got it sorted!

Just Joined!
    thanks audrey, I wasn't getting any response to this post or my other one. so I wasn't sure if much is going on in this forum since I am new to it.

Yes and I agree. Linux is great. great to recover things, but I want to use it as my main operating system now and was trying to get some help about how to install it onto a software fakeraid 0 on the intel controller of my Dell XPS M1730 and my Hybride 750GB (1.5TB Raid 0) so that I can boot the stripe set.

I would like to have several partitions (stripe set):
    A: Ubuntu or Mythbuntu
    B: Windows XP
    C: Documents and Settings and Home Folder, NTFS, Both operating systems using same folders for Music and Photos (if possible)
    D: pfSense experimental

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by huramentzefix View Post
    hi atrey, thanks for your reply. I am not getting much feedback here. do they not know anything here or are they not willing to help?
    Hello, huramentzefix

Duplicate threads are not allowed because they cause unnecessary confusion, so I'm going to close this thread since it is older and contains less information about what you are trying to do. Please feel free to continue any discussion about this issue in your other thread on this topic, and feel free to bump that thread with any additional information from time to time.

Thank you.
    oz