Results 1 to 2 of 2
hi, im building my first desktop and iv'e been looking for linux compatible components like crazy. People say z68 mobos arent yet full compatible with linux as they are relatively ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 02-20-2012 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
Best intel z68 motherboard to use with linux?
hi, im building my first desktop and iv'e been looking for linux compatible components like crazy. People say z68 mobos arent yet full compatible with linux as they are relatively new to the market.
could someone please recommend me a good motherboard to use with my system configuration ( preferebly a motherboard that supports Nvidia SLI, has PCI-Express 3.0 and can be used with sandbridge processors.
also, please inform me if something is wrong or not compatible with linux =)
1) EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superoverclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card
2) Corsair Vengeance 4 GB Single (Not a kit) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Memory for Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms
3) Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
4) Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
5) OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
MOTHEROARDS I WAS CONSIDERING TO INCLUDE WITH THIS SETUP:
1) Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboards GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
2) ASRock LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&V&GbE/ ATX Motherboard, Z68 EXTREME4
PLEASE HELP ME OUT, THANKS =)
- 02-21-2012 #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
My setup plans are as follows:
new case with dust filters my home is dusty - I like cooler master CM690 II
new psu high efficency type 80+ bronze or higher
i5 2500K CPU. yes i will try overclocking later so dont need a different cpu cooler yet
8GB DDR3 mem in 2 slots +2 slots free
Z68 mobo as I will use onboard graphics. I don't play games. I could add graphics card later.
I dont have an SATA drives at present so need IDE -reuse 300GB hd, 1TB MyBook usb drive, DVD writer
Dual boot Ubuntu (currently 10.04) and WinXP
I cant decide on which mobo can anyone offer suggestions?