Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hiyall I'm trying to get X running on my RH9 (2.4.20-8) box, it is claiming that i have some mouse problem which is preventing X from running. this is the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

X Server Mouse Issues

Hiyall

I'm trying to get X running on my RH9 (2.4.20-8) box, it is claiming that i have some mouse problem which is preventing X from running. this is the O/P i get courtesy of X (from /var/log/XFree86.0.log -
    • (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psaux Device or resource busy
      (EE) Mouse): cannot open input device
      (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse)" No core Pointer
      Fatal server error
      failed to initialize core devices

Now I can obviously tell that it's having mouse problems, whats confusing me is that the mice (i have tried 2 different mice) work perfectly on my WinXP machine, and in the RH9 GUI installer on my RH9 box, so i am thinking that there isn't a HW problem. I have tried reinstalling RH9 to a blank disk, but to no avail.

HW :- logitech wheel PS/2, Genius optical PS/2, RH9 Box - P3 800 128MB Ram with 40GB HDD (with only the OS installed < 2GB)

Any Assistance Greatly Appreciated

MFTP

Linux Engineer
    Maby the settings of your mouse, isnt set properly after the installation.

please post your XF86Config or xorg.conf File please

/etc/X11/
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps