Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need help i have kubuntu installed and i am not able to get any sound from my xonar ds sound card no matter what i do. Please help i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Xonar Ds - no sound

I need help i have kubuntu installed and i am not able to get any sound from my xonar ds sound card no matter what i do. Please help i read people get them to work but how do i add audio hardware profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by dureal99d View Post
    I need help i have kubuntu installed and i am not able to get any sound from my xonar ds sound card no matter what i do. Please help i read people get them to work but how do i add audio hardware profiles.
    Correction i have it working utilizing the speakers - i cant get the headphones to work.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You need to change the output device from the speakers to the headphones. If you go to the "Sound Preferences" tool, you should be able to change the output device. Windows, FWIW, has similar issues when you have multiple output devices. I know that because I use Windows 7 at work, and have both speakers and headphones, and have to manually switch the output if I want to change it from one to the other.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!