Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, My computer has had a problem for quite some time where it freezes and goes black for a while forcing me to restart. It just did it a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ohci_hcd

Dear All,

My computer has had a problem for quite some time where it freezes and goes black for a while forcing me to restart. It just did it a few minutes ago. This is the one line of output from the logs which corresponds to the problem:

Apr 20 11:56:22 localhost kernel: [ 9360.664172] ohci_hcd 0000:00:12.0: bad entry cf820120

Does anyone know what this means and if it is a hardware problem, what should I be replacing.

The ohci seems to be the Open Host Controller Interface for USB 1.1 devices? I am only using a USB keyboard and mouse, no other peripherals.

Thankyou for reading,

Richard

Just Joined!
    Which Linux OS are you running?
    What kernel?
    Is "Quite some time" less than a year? More than?
    Did this start happening after an update? After a Storm? After you came back from a three day vacation?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by tg3793 View Post
    Which Linux OS are you running?
    What kernel?
    Is "Quite some time" less than a year? More than?
    Did this start happening after an update? After a Storm? After you came back from a three day vacation?
    Arch
    3.3.1-1-ARCH
    I think it is about a year
    I don't recall the problem coinciding with any particular event, it just happened one day, then happened in the future again.

Thankyou, Richard

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close