Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi LinuxForums ! I would to know if anyone has a touchscreen fully working under gnu\linux, models and references about it. The main idea is to write an small application ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Touch Screen Under GNU\Linux executing scripts to manage a printer

Hi LinuxForums !

I would to know if anyone has a touchscreen fully working under gnu\linux, models and references about it.

The main idea is to write an small application menu ( ive read about onclick events to manage this ) that could execute some php scripts to perform desired actions.

Some clue on that would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance! and a beer if you want

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There are touch-screen drivers in the Linux kernel. Try some googling for this information. You need to write the appropriate software to interface with the device and display your menu on the screen. I assume you will use the xorg X-windows server to manage the display. It should also be able to interface with the appropriate touch device to treat the touch/swipes on the screen as mouse events. There is a lot of work here, but as I said (implied), Google is your friend, and you should be able to find out a lot more there than here about such matters.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!