Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm prepared building a new PC for testing ONLY. I don't game. Neither I'll do graphic editing on the new box. There are about 30 VMs installed running ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Any problem in re driver for onboard graphic card?

Hi all,

I'm prepared building a new PC for testing ONLY. I don't game. Neither I'll do graphic editing on the new box. There are about 30 VMs installed running VirtualBox as virtualizer but not all of them running at the same time. Most VMs are servers. I do configuration on terminal with commands only. I run desktop on the box which is the only graphic needed by me.

My preliminary configuration:-

CPU AMD 8-Core FX-8120 3.1GHz/16M CPU [AM3+] FD8120FRGUBOX

ASUS M5A88-M AMD 880G,DDR3,USB3.0,SATA3 6Gb/s,M.ATX M/B
    ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A88-M
    (graphic onboard)

Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M4A1600C9 DDR3 1600 16G Kit (4Gx4)

My most corncer is:- I heard some noisy on Internet, onboard graphic having problem with driver for Linux. Any advice about driver problem for Linux of abovementioned mobo? TIA

B.R.
    satimis

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    The system will load the appropriate driver for the video chip set on the board. How well it works depends upon what the chip set is, what version of the driver you have, etc. The drive is dependent upon the kernel that you are running. So what version of Linux are you planning to run?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    - snip -
    The drive is dependent upon the kernel that you are running. So what version of Linux are you planning to run?
    Ubuntu 12.04 or Debian 6.0, both 64bit

B.R.
    satimis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Ubuntu 12.04 or Debian 6.0, both 64bit

B.R.
    satimis
    Well, try it with a live CD/DVD/USB drive to see what works best. You can also, while running a live image, update a driver without rebooting (most of the time) if you need, in order to verify that an alternate or updated driver will work better.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!