Find the answer to your Linux question:
I went to manufacturer's site (Dell) for my all-in-one 1135N printer/scanner/fax looking for compatible drivers, and there's none. So is there a work around or will I have to print ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Common issue: printer drivers not Linux compatible

I went to manufacturer's site (Dell) for my all-in-one 1135N printer/scanner/fax looking for compatible drivers, and there's none. So is there a work around or will I have to print everything through win7, the second OS on my drive? i know its not the end of the word, I love Linux enough to reboot for printing, but it is a bit inconvenient.

Thanks any input would be great.

my flavor: Linux Mint Mate Maya

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    There may be a driver already available. Have a look at the "Printing" or "Printers" application which probably will be under administration. Try adding your printer from there.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    You are brillant i got it to work with drivers from Dell 1110, 2.0.0, even though its not the same I thought Id give it a try with nothing to lose!

Linux Newbie
    For printing, if your printer is postscript compatible, try to install with cups using the .PPD file you'll find in windows system directory or unpacking the driver archive. For scanning, install xsane and if it doesn't work, try to install a dell driver from the same brand. Maybe a look at Lexmark equivalent is a good way to get your multifunction running.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDangeax View Post
    For printing, if your printer is postscript compatible, try to install with cups using the .PPD file you'll find in windows system directory or unpacking the driver archive. For scanning, install xsane and if it doesn't work, try to install a dell driver from the same brand. Maybe a look at Lexmark equivalent is a good way to get your multifunction running.
    Thanks I'll try that i jumped the gun before when the test page printed but not my documents. So back to square one.