Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I am planning to migrate our websites from a web hosting company to an internal data center as part of bigger migration. So, I need to make a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Hardware for Small Business

Hey guys,

I am planning to migrate our websites from a web hosting company to an internal data center as part of bigger migration. So, I need to make a proposal to purchase small business servers to acommodate our current services. Scalability is a concern, yes, but budget is a bigger consideration. Currently, we are not looking at virtualization as an option, so a typical server would do.

So, kindly share with me what hardwares are you using on your own company, probably the services that run on top of those, significant issues encountered, and whether or not you would recommend the brand/model.

I would really appreciate it if you speak from the perspective of a real-world systems administrator, not on a laboratory student trying out Linux. (but that would do as well, student always have great ides)

Thanks!
    Lester.

Just Joined!
    Additional note:
    Services/applications are PHP, MySQL, Python, Oracle Enterprise, Samba, OpenLDAP, Sendmail, OpenSSH, Bind.