Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi to all! I've recently bought a remote control for my (soon-to-be) HTPC. I can't post links to other websites yet, but Googling Mele F10 will get you there. This ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Trouble configuring HID (keyboard/mouse) remote control

Hi to all!

I've recently bought a remote control for my (soon-to-be) HTPC. I can't post links to other websites yet, but Googling Mele F10 will get you there. This item is being sold on several other websites and little information on it is available on the web (at least that I could find).

It is a RF remote control which registers itself as a mouse and a keyboard. It has several keys on it and most of them work out of the box with Linux (I think it is worth to mention I'm using Mythbuntu for this HTPC project and that it is Ubuntu derived).

The thing is: There are some keys which doesn't seem to send any command to the PC at all, also there are some buttons in it which are linked to the mouse part of it and that I'd like them to trigger a key event instead (ie: there is a large "Back" labelled button in its front which actually sends the "right mouse button"; I'd like this to be interpreted as "BACKSPACE" or as a multimedia key "BACK" or something like that)

The keyboard part of it is being detected and kbd is handling it using the default config for my machine: driver: evdev, layout: abnt2, variant: br;

• How to verify that every key is sending a command, even multimedia and non-standard keys?
    • Is there a way to map a mouse button event to a keyboard keypress event (ie: right mouse click -> backspace keypress)?

Thanks in advance!

Is your HTPC the Mele A2000? That F 10 remote is designed to control those.