Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Everyone I recently came across a wacom tablet bamboo fun at a boot sale, the pen works fine but there is also a round touchpad (at least that's what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wacom touchpad

Hi Everyone
    I recently came across a wacom tablet bamboo fun at a boot sale, the pen works fine but there is also a round touchpad (at least that's what I think it is) and 4 buttons (right & left arrow, FN1 & FN2) which dont seem to do anything, can anyone tell me their purpose and how I may get them to work, I'm running Mint 13 Cinnamon, there is a GUI in system settings to configure a wacom tablet and I can configure the pen settings but nothing changes with the pad settings, there is a map buttons section but nothing shows up when I open it, any help would be much appreciated ?

Many thanks

Graeme
    Last edited by Emegra; 11-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.

While I haven't used that particular tablet model, I can say from experience with other Wacom tablets that the buttons on the side are usually meant to work with the OS X/Windows software installed by the Wacom installation disk that comes with new tablets.

I currently have an Intuos5, and after setting it up in Gentoo Linux, I've noticed that some of the buttons do stuff by default (such as going back one page in a web browser), and some don't. The round scroll wheel, typically meant to zoom in and out in Photoshop and other common graphics programs, causes scrolling behavior when I use it in a web browser, but it does nothing in some other programs.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to advise you on the matter of nothing showing up in the map buttons section for your tablet. I use KDE, and the KDE control module for my Wacom tablet is quite extensive. Perhaps you would get access to more options if you tried installing the KDE control center (you'd probably have to install KDE as a dependency, but you can access KDE settings from any desktop environment).

Alternatively, there may be a way to map your buttons in your xorg.conf, but I'm not really sure. I hope this helps a bit.