Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have attempted to print from image files in various programs (eye of gnome, gimp, gThumb) and nothing seems to work and everything would seemingly stop midway with some unknown ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

HP4050 Laserjet is not printing from image files

I have attempted to print from image files in various programs (eye of gnome, gimp, gThumb) and nothing seems to work and everything would seemingly stop midway with some unknown conflict (my error logs do not say what). I would stop with the printer, cups web interface, and gnome printer properties status information all saying the same thing processing job but after a reasonable amount of time i can safely say nothing happens.

Just to make sure it is not a size issue i took the same test image filled up a document with some text and inserted the image into the text document and it printed fine leaving me to deduce that it is indeed what i originally thought i can not print image files.

I started to change my drivers around.. i tried HP Laserjet 4050 CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.6, Series pcl3, hpcups 3.10.6, Series hpijs pcl3 3.10.6, and finally Series Postscript. No change in print ability status.

I do not know what could cause this or even if it is a new phenomenon for my system all i can say for certain is i do remember printing images at some point with this printer. Also as i said before my print error log is useless with only an entry stating it can not access the local host via ipv6

And are you using ipV6? if not, you might as well disable it and see what happens

Good luck