Find the answer to your Linux question:
I bought a brother HL2270DW to use as a wireless printer on my network. All the other computers at my house use windows. I am a newbie and clueless on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Brother HL2270DW wireless setup?

I bought a brother HL2270DW to use as a wireless printer on my network. All the other computers at my house use windows. I am a newbie and clueless on Linux. What do I need to do exactly to get my linux computer to use the printer wirelessly? Ideally I would like for all of us to use this printer. I am running Cinammon 13 64bit.

Just Joined!
    In your terminal/console type in "smbk4" and hit "enter" on your keyboard, this will download the files (samba) needed for your computer to access the printer over the network. You will need to go into your "firewall" and put a tick in the boxes marked "Samba" and "Samba Client".
    How are you connected, wirelessly or cable?

I have a HL2270DW printer, and I have got it working in almost any distro. All you need is the foomatic drivers (possibly called gutenprint) and use the HL2170 drivers. Works great.

I can give more help if you really need it, but just use your package manager to get the drivers. You can also download the .deb and .rpm drivers from brother's website if you really need it.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry