Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by harlequin The motherboard isn't shorting on the case? And don't forget to check this one. What I usually do in this case is take the board out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin
    The motherboard isn't shorting on the case?
    And don't forget to check this one.

What I usually do in this case is take the board out of the case, unplug everything but the bare essentials: CPU, RAM, video card. put it down on a non-conductive something, plug the PSU into the mobo and try booting it like that. This ensures that nothing was shorting out and also you can troubleshoot hardware better if you know that it boots like this.

Don't forget to clear the CMOS as was suggested above.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    The board is not in the case (it actaully never was ). It has no 'clear CMOS' jumper so I just took the battery out, waited for some time, put it back in and still nothing. I'll try to leave it out overnight and see what happens...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin
    The board is not in the case (it actaully never was ). It has no 'clear CMOS' jumper so I just took the battery out, waited for some time, put it back in and still nothing. I'll try to leave it out overnight and see what happens...
    It might not actually be a 'jumper' per se it my just be two contacts on the motherboard that you need to touch with a screwdriver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2