Hi,

While I was at work my house got hit with a power cut, and as a result my server went down. When I booted it back up, debian threw an error that it could not scan the /dev/md0 array.

Closer inspection revealed this was because /dev/md0 no longer exists!

If I look at the contents of /dev I see the individual hard drives (sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf), and a folder md, which is empty.

sudo mdadm -Es gives:

Code:
ARRAY /dev/md/0 metadata=1.2 UUID=c437742c:ace165ec:363f227e:caba18a5 name=leonard:0
   spares=1
ARRAY /dev/md/0 metadata=1.2 UUID=c437742c:ace165ec:363f227e:caba18a5 name=leonard:0
Which is weird, since I have never created an array with any number of spares, and it seems to be missing any information on what was in the array.

cat /proc/mdstat gives:

Code:
Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
unused devices: <none>
I have checked the BIOS, and the hard drives are definitely alive and picked up there. This array should be a RAID5 with 5 1.5 TB hard drives, with an ext4 filesystem inside. I haven't touched anything yet, and I imagine that if I can get mdadm to recreate the array with the same ordering of the drives and size and everything, everything should come flooding back. However, I don't really want to lose 4TB of stuff if I can help it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Debian squeeze, mdadm is v3.1.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.