Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I have an HP Media Center PC m7277c. It came stock with Windows XP, 1GB RAM and a 3.00GHz dual core. My issue is that I have Ubuntu 12.04 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Monitor not coming on

Hello. I have an HP Media Center PC m7277c. It came stock with Windows XP, 1GB RAM and a 3.00GHz dual core. My issue is that I have Ubuntu 12.04 on there and it has a graphics card with no onboard graphics. It worked fine. I then installed a geforce 210 card and it still worked fine. I then put the original card back in and now monitor won't display at all. I tried yanking all power, battery and ram from motherboard to let it reset, but doesn't seem to help. Machine ran fine beforehand. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Did you mess around in the BIOS at all? Is it possible you changed something? Try renaming /etc/X11/xorg.conf if it exist, reboot and see what happens.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Did you mess around in the BIOS at all? Is it possible you changed something? Try renaming /etc/X11/xorg.conf if it exist, reboot and see what happens.
    No, I did not mess with the bios. I might have install the driver for that other graphics card. monitor will not display at all now

Which driver? How did you install it? did you check to see if /etc/X11/xorg.conf exists?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Which driver? How did you install it? did you check to see if /etc/X11/xorg.conf exists?
    I couldn't check those at all because the monitor would not even display the boot screen for me to even get into bios or anything else. I reinstalled the geforce 210 card and worked fine. The other card I'm giving up on. My other PC that I put the card in has onboard graphics, so I'm just gonna roll that way till I get another card. Thanks for your help. The old card might be bad, but I don't see how. I only had it removed and safely stored for a few days. I just installed Solus 1.3 in the tower in ?. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I'm not sure that I installed driver on second thought. I think I just "plugged and played"