Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got a USB keyboard and USB mouse, I'm looking for a KVM switch that'll work in Windows XP and Fedora Core 3. I was looking at a Belkin Economy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Reccommended KVMs

I've got a USB keyboard and USB mouse, I'm looking for a KVM switch that'll work in Windows XP and Fedora Core 3. I was looking at a Belkin Economy 2-Port KVM Switch, but was discouraged because fedora support is lacking. Here is a list that I can choose from (by no means is it the biggest, but the retailer is one that I've been using for ages and one that I trust), I don't want to spend more than NZD$100 on this.

What are your thoughts?

Linux Newbie
    All you need to do is purchase a KVM that does not require control software. Most KVMs have control buttons on them for such things. Linux doesn't care about the KVM in the least.

Possible units for you:

IOGEAR MiniView III

USBGear's 2 port

Both of these will work on Linux, since they have manual controls. These are examples -- not recommendations. You should make up your own mind as to who's product you like best. (And there are many more out there.)
    Blog - KB5UMQ - Linux User #272983
    3 Rules:
    1) "It doesn't work..." is simply not useful information.
    2) Don't cross post!
    3) If you are asking for help, start by telling us your distro/os and version.