Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi im new to this whole linux thing I decided to move to this side of things because of the hate that has grown for microsoft since the late 1990s ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

t3400 linux install

hi im new to this whole linux thing I decided to move to this side of things because of the hate that has grown for microsoft since the late 1990s
    so anyways I have a t3400 workstation and was wondering what the best distro would be im jumpin in with both feet there will be no microsoft herevi dont think the terminal will be hard to figure my dad taught me simple dos comands and 3.1 when I was 8 but what im worriied about is the best distro I fkigure ubuntu is best for beginirs my pc is a dell t3400 workstation

thanks

Just Joined!
    so igeus youcant give advice without hardwae list
    pcacpix86
    hdd 2 satas
    video quadro nvs 290 duel head
    cd-dvd burner dell ts-84936
    netgear wireless adapter wna1100 n150
    intell core2 duo cpu e6550 @2.33

so if checked all this and itseems to be ok
    but im getting conflicting reports on the video card
    thanks again dan

Quote Originally Posted by hfflunki View Post
    so igeus youcant give advice without hardwae list
    pcacpix86
    hdd 2 satas
    video quadro nvs 290 duel head
    cd-dvd burner dell ts-84936
    netgear wireless adapter wna1100 n150
    intell core2 duo cpu e6550 @2.33

so if checked all this and itseems to be ok
    but im getting conflicting reports on the video card
    thanks again dan
    I'm not sure about that video card in specific, but with the exception of the optimus series, the Nvidia proprietary drivers typically work quite well.

EDIT: Also, really not sure what you're asking/looking for advice on.

Just Joined!
    Not completely sure about that Netgear wireless adapter, I tried using the Netgear WNA3100 and it would not work at all, tried using ndiswrapper and all that stuff, finally found some adapters from Asus that works right out of the box in Linux, less than $20.00 at Ebay. Can't post the link here but Netgear's web site doesn't even bother to mention it works with Windows let alone Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayman1000x View Post
    Not completely sure about that Netgear wireless adapter, I tried using the Netgear WNA3100 and it would not work at all, tried using ndiswrapper and all that stuff, finally found some adapters from Asus that works right out of the box in Linux, less than $20.00 at Ebay. Can't post the link here but Netgear's web site doesn't even bother to mention it works with Windows let alone Linux.
    Yeah, I bought an ASUS card for when I was on internship and the place I was at only had WiFi. It was like $40 IIRC (new), but THEY supported Linux and it worked like a champ.