Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm getting tired trying to install my fkng "winmodem" under SuSE 9.1 without ANY success.... I've got the right Drivers, but when I try to install it, ALLWAYS a message ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anyone ever has made work a winmodem under Linux????'

I'm getting tired trying to install my fkng "winmodem" under SuSE 9.1 without ANY success....

I've got the right Drivers, but when I try to install it, ALLWAYS a message error of any kind.

It's an Intel 537 winmodem.

I'd really appreciate any kind of sugestions. Perhaps installing my old Pentium 233 modem could help?? Should I try?

As I'm new to Linux I'm still trying to learn, so far i love it.

Othe thing: i've manually and succesfully installed the Nvidia drivers!! It makes me proud!. But the TV out system still not works.. perhaps because I'm using a simple RCA cable instead a SuperVIdeo??? can be?? I've got an Nvidia Gforce 2 MX/MX 400

Cheers and allways gratefull.

LS

I've used Lucent chipped PCI (internal) modems in the past, my experiences with thos are the source of the Winmodem in Linux tutorial in this forum (http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-3100.html).

I take it that you got your drivers from -
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...0&DwnldID=6806

What error message do you get (excatly) when you try and instal the driver?

Sorry, can't help with the nvidia TV out question, you'd be better off asking that as a seperate question.

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

Just Joined!
    Nerderello:Nerderello

Thanks a lot, but I've already made my modem work!! and I'm very pleased!! Thanks anyway, about the Nvidia issues I'll try with other Topic.

Cheers and happy 2005

LS