Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have as of late been trying out different Linux Distros. Most have loaded and ran fine on either my PIII desktop or my AMD Duron laptop, some on both. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Strange problem with wireless mouse, touchpad and keyboard.

I have as of late been trying out different Linux Distros.

Most have loaded and ran fine on either my PIII desktop or my AMD Duron laptop, some on both.

Never have I had any problems with the keyboard, mouse or touchpad until I tried Dream Linux (Debian based I believe).

Keyboard will light up the NumLock and Caps Lock, etc., my wireless mouse will only move the cursor up and down and middle button will jump cursor to far right, the touchpad on the laptop will move the cursor just fine, no button click are recognized on mouse or touchpad, keys on keyboard seem to not be recognized, though the devices themselves seem to be detected. I have to shutdown with the power button.

Just sounds like a strange problem, guess I'll have to cross this distro off my list.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Sounds more lilke a nightmare than a dream to me! I just say "If it works, don't fix it. If it doesn't, then to heck with it!"...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Yea, I moved on, just seemed odd. When I put my new computer together, I might just see if it works on different hardware. Just want to make sure it wasn't a simple fix.

I've loaded PCLinuxOS on the laptop and LinuxShark on the PIII, I'm really liking them both so far.