Find the answer to your Linux question:
I bought a Seagate Slim Portable Drive to, well hold my files. I reformatted it and made two partitions FAT32 and LUKS. When connecting it to my Fedora box, it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Seagate Slim 500GB formatting issue

I bought a Seagate Slim Portable Drive to, well hold my files. I reformatted it and made two partitions FAT32 and LUKS. When connecting it to my Fedora box, it recognizes both partitions. Though for Windows and Mac it does not mount the drive. I believe that it detects the device and installs the software to work with it as it was in its original state. Since it was reformatted I believe it is not working with it correctly. Is there anyway I could fix this issue? Thank you.

Linux Guru
    I'm not familiar with LUKS other than its definition: "Linux Unified Key Setup-on-disk-format or LUKS".
    So your windows FAT32 partition is seen on Linux as is the LUKS and the windows partition and LUKS are not seen on windows or mac, correct?
    First, a default installation of windows is not going to recognize a Linux fs and usually shows it as unallocated space. Don't know about a Mac.
    Since it works on Linux and fails on windows and the mac, you might be better off posting on a windows/mac forum since they are the systems which don't work?

Maybe someone who uses windows regularly and is more familiar with LUKS will come along to help. Do you not see the drive/partitions in My Computer? Perhaps more detail on how you have tried to access and what, if anything were the results?