Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I wonder whether the sata property in ubuntu OS is better than in android OS,such as the speed,stability. Does anyone try sata device in android OS?Please share me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sata in android os

Hi All,

I wonder whether the sata property in ubuntu OS is better than in android OS,such as the speed,stability.
    Does anyone try sata device in android OS?Please share me some information.
    Thank you!

Mark

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, Android is a pretty much current Linux implementation, with warts. It should support Sata drives just fine assuming your device has a Sata port.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Rubberman,thanks for your reply.But the original sata driver in kernel is universal for different sata devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Well, Android is a pretty much current Linux implementation, with warts. It should support Sata drives just fine assuming your device has a Sata port.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I think that SATA is a standard interface. Each device will connect the same way, just as would IDE or SAS devices. I use SATA drives exclusively, on my workstation and 2 laptops (one running Linux, the other Win7). They all behave identically. I can take the SATA drive I use on my Windows system, and attache it to my Scientific or Ubuntu systems, and they don't seem to care. It just works!

Just Joined!
    I think that SATA is a standard interface. Each device will connect the same way, just as would IDE or SAS devices. I use SATA drives exclusively, on my workstation and 2 laptops (one running Linux, the other Win7). They all behave identically. I can take the SATA drive I use on my Windows system, and attache it to my Scientific or Ubuntu systems, and they don't seem to care. It just works!
    Sir,the message for sata is below:
    [ 2.525063] ata1: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
    [ 2.532589] Samsung HDMI output driver, (c) 2010-2011 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
    [ 2.540171] ata1.00: ATA-8: SAMSUNG HM501II, 2AJ10001, max UDMA/133
    [ 2.546410] ata1.00: 976773168 sectors, multi 0: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)
    [ 2.553111] s5p-hdmi exynos5-hdmi: hdmiphy i2c bus number = 8
    [ 2.559108] hdmiphy_probe start
    [ 2.561936] s5p-hdmiphy 8-0038: probe successful
    [ 2.566616] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
    [ 2.585314] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA SAMSUNG HM501II 2AJ1 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5

But I can't find sata file system in Android OS.How to do?Thanks.

When the drive is mounted, the system should see it and detect/name it as /dev/sdX where X is a letter such as a,b,c, etc. Normally, the system drive is /dev/sda, and each partition is /dev/sdaN where N is the partition number (starting from 1). So, if the default system drive is /dev/sda, and no other drives are attached, then the sata drive should /dev/sdb, again with each partition (if any) as /dev/sdb1.../dev/sdbn. Once detected, you can then partition them, create new file systems, mount new or existing ones in your file system, etc.

Just Joined!
    When the drive is mounted, the system should see it and detect/name it as /dev/sdX where X is a letter such as a,b,c, etc. Normally, the system drive is /dev/sda, and each partition is /dev/sdaN where N is the partition number (starting from 1). So, if the default system drive is /dev/sda, and no other drives are attached, then the sata drive should /dev/sdb, again with each partition (if any) as /dev/sdb1.../dev/sdbn. Once detected, you can then partition them, create new file systems, mount new or existing ones in your file system, etc.
    OK,sys/block/sda then use mount command to mount hdd