Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Well, I hate letting something like this beat me but I really think until I get an actual PCI WiFi card installed I'm just spitting into the wind where interweb ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Well, I hate letting something like this beat me but I really think until I get an actual PCI WiFi card installed I'm just spitting into the wind where interweb connection is concerned. Stupid little USB WiFi adapter isn't worth the match and lighter fluid it'd take to burn it up.

If you use move 'v's with the command, it will get more 'verbose'. Like "lspci -vv" (which is v v, with no spaces). Lots of PC's use the PCI interface for devices like the USB or Wifi. I'm sure the lsusb command will let you add more 'v's to get more detail. Do you know what kind of adapter it is? Some of these wifi problems are the worst thing about changing OS's, I've beat my head against the wall a number of times.

Best of luck...

Jack

For the price, I think the PCI Card would be best for wireless.

Why can't you hardwire to the internet? Much better to hardwire IMHO.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    Why can't you hardwire to the internet? Much better to hardwire IMHO.
    This is an old machine and actually had a 56K PCI modem card installed, I've removed it since I have DSL and not Dial Up. This computer will be next door at my daughter's house for my grandson to use to look stuff up for homework, ect. and since they don't have internet at their house WiFi is about the only way for them to get on the Internet. I might try to find a combo WiFi/Ethernet card if I can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3