Find the answer to your Linux question:
With my second monitor recently loosing it's back light, it's got to that time where a rotation is in order. I'm looking to get a 2560x1440 27" display to replace ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Graphics Card Advice

With my second monitor recently loosing it's back light, it's got to that time where a rotation is in order. I'm looking to get a 2560x1440 27" display to replace my primary, and move the 1920x1080 23" over to replace the secondary. So, in my past setup, I was using the onboard graphics of my i7 with asus motherboard and this worked well, however I don't believe thatt can drive the higher resolutions of the new screen.

Can anyone recommend the bottom end of graphics card I could use to drive such a setup outlined above? I'm no gamer, so it's not high end performance I'm after, simply the minimum to support a dual head with the two resolutions specified. I've been looking at R7 240's as a base point, as they're relatively inexpensive and appear to have reasonable open source driver support, but I've not played with dedicated graphics for a while and would appreciate any advice as to how to attain the setup above.

Can we use a Card plus Onboard at the same time or do I need a card than can support DVI-D + DVI-I in one, and disable the onboard graphics?

I look forward to the communities enlightenment

see this link i stole -- /Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%2060000786 6&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Ord er=PRICE&PageSize=20 -- from newegg
    Just put newegg.com in front of it