Find the answer to your Linux question:
Howdy: Can any of y'all recommend wireless speakers to be attached to my netbook? I'm running debian wheezy xfce and I want to use the speakers in my autos while ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless speaker recommendations.

Howdy:

Can any of y'all recommend wireless speakers to be attached to my netbook? I'm running debian wheezy xfce and I want to use the speakers in my autos while travelling. I keep my music collection on detachable hard drives and use my home grown application for the playing. I'm currently using a pair of small logitech speakers but the sound quality is poor and the wires are cumbersome.

Linux Newbie
    you may like the cambridge audio minx go, they are flat so pack well, have reasonable battery life and I think you can charge your phone via the usb port in a pinch. asking if they sound good is like asking what linux distro to choose, check em out.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmy View Post
    you may like the cambridge audio minx go, they are flat so pack well, have reasonable battery life and I think you can charge your phone via the usb port in a pinch. asking if they sound good is like asking what linux distro to choose, check em out.
    Thank you, ohmy, I'll begin searching for them. Hopefully the store that sells them will have a liberal return policy with no restocking fee.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    You should be able to hear them in store prior to purchase but guess sometimes not,,I am thinking you will not be disappointed but jmho.. I mentioned them as they are flat(ish) and would not roll around but if you like logitech the ue boom is perhaps a better speaker but shaped like a beer can, more expensive and does not have the usb port. It really depends on what you listen to, if you like loud heavy thumping bass they may not suit your needs thus only you can decide.
    Last edited by ohmy; 08-09-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmy View Post
    You should be able to hear them in store prior to purchase but guess sometimes not,,I am thinking you will not be disappointed but jmho.. I mentioned them as they are flat(ish) and would not roll around but if you like logitech the ue boom is perhaps a better speaker but shaped like a beer can, more expensive and does not have the usb port. It really depends on what you listen to, if you like loud heavy thumping bass they may not suit your needs thus only you can decide.
    I'm an old guy and definitely do not like loud thumping base. I did look at the ue boom and although I liked the sound quality, because of its shape I couldn't see how to mount it properly in my vehicles. It had an eye at one end that could be hung on some kinda hook but nothing I could think of would really work. One thing I've noticed about trying to listen to the speakers in the store and then trying them in the auto is that road noise can overwhelm some of them that at first sound good.

Linux Newbie
    The Minx Go do have a kind of passive radiator for bass on the back. Road noise may pose a problem for all the bluetooth speakers but it widely depends on the vehicle and application. These have a flip out stand to help from falling over that may provide a mount point of some kind. They do require recharge. close proximity would be key in the case of road noise and the mount would require a release. I do not know if you have a motor home or a volkswagon or both or the extent you are willing to go in the way of creative ideas. but I suggested the minx go as it has decent sound at a reasonable loudness and has a full usb port and is kinda flat for travel. I would likely consider an over head mesh pouch for proximity, out of the way and grab ability but it depends on the transport.

Just Joined!
    Thank you again, ohmy, for your ideas. I'll look into them.

Linux Newbie
    sorry there were not more options posted but a novel idea, hope you find something that works for you.